One of my clients had SCOM operational for a few months, and all of a sudden got an influx of emails regarding services not running, SQL errors, etc etc

So after a bit of research I managed to solve the issue

The “System Center Data Access Service” wouldn’t start, no matter what account I ran this as, it still wouldn’t respond

The SQL Server and all of it’s components were running and everything was fine, so I  opened the SQL server to check out the Database

Scom1

SCOM 2

Turns out, it was Database related!!

If you turn off Autogrowth (take off the Enable Autogrowth checkmark) on Data and Log.

Set the MOM_DATA to 5000 MB and the MOM_LOG to 2500 MB, close SQL Management & restart the Data Access Service, this then should work 🙂

Advertisements